Pretty much everyone has heard of Aloe vera for healing burns, but it does so much more. It is a miraculous plant and if you do one thing today, go to a plant nursery and pick up as much of it as you can.
The list below includes some of the ways Aloe vera has solved problems in my own family. I can only write about what I personally observed and researched. There are a lot of studies that have been done about Aloe vera and it’s facinating stuff. Look for books published at least 30 years ago for the most content rich reading.
- Overnight healing for my ballerina daughter’s sore feet after being in pointe shoes for hours several days in a row.
- Stopped Conjuctivitis (Pink Eye) from spreading and after 3 hours everyone had bright, clear eyes.
- Stopped the spread and irritation of Poison Oak.
- Healed cuts, scrapes, bruises – (this is pretty typical but I still wanted to include it here).
- My son woke up one morning with a swollen jaw. It looked like he was storing a golf ball in his cheek. We put Aloe vera on it several times a day for two days. The first thing the Aloe vera did was stop the pain. By the third morning the lump was gone. This one was really amazing and I felt great that I didn’t give him something to mask the pain.
- We’ve used it for stomach aches by applying it directly to the source of the pain.
- My husband’s knee/joint pain cleared up. This took about 2 months of faithfully applying Aloe vera every night.
In all of the above cases we used fresh gel from the plant.
Here is part of the description of Aloe vera from the book, Free Food and Medicine-Worldwide-Edible Plant Guide, by Markus Rothkranz:
It’s a smart plant – it can tell the difference between normal cells (which it stimulates), and bad stuff like viruses, cancer, leukemia or HIV – which it stops from spreading. It’s antiviral, antibacterial, used for candida, parasites, fatigue sydrome, fibromyalgia, allergies, arthritis, and skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis. It eliminates toxic wastes, has EFAs and is a powerful anti-inflammatory that helps stomach and colon, which it helps clean. It helps every part of the body cleanse itself. Since it helps clean out the bowels really well, it greatly reduces bloating, discomfort, and helps ease stress, which only leads to more attacks of irratible bowel syndrome. It’s very popular for conditions like indigestion, acid reflux, IBS, colitis, Crohn’s disease and ulcers (reduces ulcers by 80%!) It reduces cholesterol and triglycerides, helps metabolize fat.
I hope I’ve offered some new ideas for using Aloe vera. For further reading on the subject of healing from plants, consider getting the book Free Food and Medicine by Markus Rothkranz. So far it is the best reference book I’ve come across for learning how to mend your body and life with plants:)
While at the site you can download a FREE pdf of Heal Yourself 101, also by Markus Rothkranz. Learn how to heal and recover from disease in the comfort of your own home. This book is life changing, and you will refer to it often. Please treat yourself well, and get your own copy now.
I truly appreciate you reading my blog and would absolutely not recommend anything unless I believed they were valuable enough to provide benefit to others.
I would love to hear from you, specifically about Aloe vera or anything plant-health related. Please leave a comment!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.